December

15:30

So, December - a month of lights, snow and feasts; time to make amends and tie loose ends; finish of what you started and hope your wishes come true - is really here! I'm a summer person. Definitely. But there's something magical in December and that's probably why I like this month even though I'm freaking cold all the time. When I take my dog out for a walk I swear I'm shaking more than him...and he is small and needy! 

One of the main reasons why I like December is because everything is so freaking romantic and beautiful! Lights are everywhere, stands with mulled wine are literately everywhere, everyone seems so happy - they're drinking mulled wine and laughing happily and seeing that always fills me with special emotions. It makes me kind of happy without a reason. You're just looking at the people having good time and few minutes later you're already thinking "Man, life is actually pretty awesome!". There's no secret I like shopping. I mean, hellooo...I'm a girl, what do you expect from me? Haha.
Of course I like buying clothes and other bullshit I'd like to have for myself but at the same time I'm one of those "freaks" who really like to buy gifts for people they love. Usually when I buy something for my friends without a reason (there's always a reason...because I love them!) they're like: "Why is this for?" and now I can finally shop for them without any explanations! And oh...there're so many cool and cute things at the stores right now! It's kind of dangerous even going to the stores because you'll start feeling nuts. You'll just want everything. And you just can't have everything. Obviously. Sadly. Unfortunately.

One of the rare things I miss in the summer are oversized warm and cosy sweaters that come back with winter! Sometimes it happens that I stay inside and have nothing to do and that's also one of those rare moments that happen only maybe twice a winter that I sit in front of the fire place with hot chocolate in my hand and some good holiday book in the other. If you're looking for a good holiday book to read I recommend a "Mistletoe Not Required” by Anne Oliver. Some of my guilty pleasures are also putting up the Christmas tree with my family and decorating house for the holidays with Christmas songs in the back. Yes, I mean those silly songs we all listen only in December like "Last Christmas". Oh, speaking about the music I can't forget mentioning Christmas movies or cartoons! Somehow I always end up watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and "While You Were Sleeping". That has become kind of my little tradition now. And the cutest parts of December - unexpected kisses under mistletoe! What's your favourite thing about December?




You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images