Changes consume me

21:44

"Black is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They’re so… empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not."

First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry for not keeping you as up to date as I would have liked to. Since I've been gone from blogging for a while again I've been thinking about what should I write this time, but it's been so long since the last time and so many things have happened in that time that I don't even know where to start. Shit.


Last few months has been a small challenge is so many ways. From health and things I was supposed to stop doing, drinking, etc. to work, letting people go and even letting people in. Typical life things. I definitely like knowing where are some things going, but what I learned in the last month is that sometimes it is even okay not to know and risk it all in hope it will be worth it. After all - life begins at the end of our comfort zone, right? Even if things don't come out as we would like them or expect them to - it's fine. We tried, we learned something and mostly we grew. And that's worth that little something. We live in this belief that things need to have a happy ending, but maybe it's not every time and everything about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story...

Another thing I'm starting to noticed lately is that I take too many freaking selfies. And let's be honest here...it's not just me. I mean, when did we become so obsessed with those things? Few days ago I caught myself in a situation where I was trying so hard to take a picture of everything and document everything that I was completely out of the action that was happening in front of me. How sad and pathetic is that? But it's not just about selfies and documenting the thing. After all photographs capture a moment that's gone forever and impossible to reproduce. It's more about the phones. We get together and we spend half of the time on our phones checking social networks and chatting over them while we are already having a real conversation in the company. I mean...I even start my day with my fucking phone. I wake up in the morning and start checking my phone like it's the morning paper.

Last night I was thinking about a few romantic moments I had lately and I realised I don't have any pictures of them. Interesting, ha? After a while I came to a conclusion that the sweetest, greatest and the most romantic moments in my life are the ones I didn't take a picture of. And it made me think and I pledge myself that from now on I seriously need to stop using my phone so much and start enjoying moments with the people I care about, because in the end, that's what really matters. Bravo, Selma!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images