Teddy bear!

09:55

"Age simply doesn't enter into it! The older the friend, the more he is valued, particularly when he shows so visibly the characteristics that we all look for in friends. You have only to look at a genuine teddy's face to see at once the loyalty, common sense, and above all, dependability behind it."  -Peter Bull

This time there's nothing that special about my outfit. It's more about my accessory which is a teddy bear. But it's not just an ordinary teddy bear. Ok, I admit. He's not Ted and he can't talk with me, curse, drink beer, sing "fuck you thunder" when there is thunder outside and we're lying scared as hell in bed  but he's still special! Special to me. I got him when I was a little girl. I still remember those careless days when I was carrying him around with every step I made and slept tight next to him smuggled warm in a blanket. He was simply there, without any judgement or mean words to say when I needed a friendly hug or shoulder to cry on as a teenage silly girl. But then something kind of sad happened. A girl who always thought that is going to stay forever in a Neverland and never grow up...well, she grew up a little bit without even noticing. And pushed her teddy bear deep into closet. And replaced him with an emo doll with blue hair and blue skin! Cruel destiny has happened there, I'm telling you. 

After a few years of being deep in the closet I finally took him out for Halloween, because I wanted to be a creepy doll like Annie from the LOL game or like a scary version of Alice in Wonderland or something like that. And I needed a teddy bear! Halloween is over but my teddy bear is still here. And everytime I look at him I still feel a little bit like a little girl. Everything just comes back in flashes, you know? It's like a kaleidoscope of memories. Sweet memories. And I don't want to push such a careless, naive, happy, silly memories back in the closet so I decided to put him right back where he belongs. On my bed. And from time to time in my bag.

I really love minimalism, which is also why I don't use a lot of accessory generally. But yesterday I may have discovered one of the best accessories so far: teddy bear! He was just there...peaking out of my bag. Or out of my pocket in my jacket.  But it's not just about teddy bear being a cute but silly accessory at the same time. It's about the feeling you have when you have a teddy bear as an accessory. You have only to look at a genuine teddy's face to see at once the loyalty, common sense, and above all, dependability behind it. 

Ladies, to you still have your teddy bear? And if not...what the hell happened to him?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images