Living each day like death would never come

17:27

I know. I'm in black-black almost from head to toe. A lot of people see black colour as a dark, elegant, classic, sad and maybe arrogant colour - but not me. Sure, it can be classic and elegant. I mean that's why we girls have at least one LBD dress in the closet after all, right? But from my point of view black is such a happy colour! It's just not sad, I'm sorry. Bright colours depress me...they're so empty while black is a poetic colour. I mean, how do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not. I could never wear black if I feel sad or depressed. I wear black because it makes me feel right. It makes me feel powerful. And I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker colour. How do you see black colour guys? Do you like black?

I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned it but a lot of my friends have bands. Metal bends, of course. Since the winter is definitely here and it's freezing outside we like to hang out lately at their band's place. Not only because it's warm inside, but also because we can listen to their music,  play guitar, talk shit and whatever happens there, stays there. Sometimes I spend time there just watching their exercises, sometimes we have a little party or after party there, start drinking there and then go and hit the club or just spend a Sunday afternoon chilling, smoking and talking. Not long ago we've been discussing people who have classy style and like classy shit like fancy dinners, listening particular kind of music, etc. Don't get me wrong...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their own style. Well, least it should have. And it's important that your outfit style matches the lifestyle you're living, you personal philosophy, music you listen to, etc. You agree with me?
If I put our subculture: hxc for example. We listen to metal, we're "street style" kind of people. We like to spend time somewhere outside on the street. It doesn't matter if that's Metelkova, park or just some peaceful corner on the street. When it comes to clubs we do only some good drum and bass or dubstep parties. One of the things we all wear are Vans shoes and beanies. Our religion are tattoos, plugs and stuff like that. Some of the people like that and some don't...but that's who we are. Now we can't understand how you can listen to One Direction for example and then try to be "a bad girl" and dress dark when we all know you're not like that?

That's kind of stupid and hilarious at the same time. I put hxc scene only as an example because that's my lifestyle and I can be "smart" about it but it could be any other. I think it's really important to have your own style. After all...when you see a person and see how's they dress like you get a first impression about that person. You can tell a little bit what kind of lifestyle they living, what they like, what they don't like, what they listen to probably. So all I'm trying to say here today is that we shouldn't be afraid to be who we are. We should be excited and happy that we're able to show the world who we are and play with clothes and try to express our inner selves! It doesn't matter if someone would like it or not...all that matters is that you like it and feel good in it and most of all: that it is who you are and who you want to be. Fuck what anyone says.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images